Shaw, 20, received treatment on the pitch for 10 minutes after a tackle by PSV defender Hector Moreno in United's first Champions League group game.
The England defender was given oxygen while he was taken off the pitch.
Shaw made 20 appearances for the Red Devils in an injury interrupted first season after joining from Southampton.
The player was inundated with messages of support on social media including from his former club.
And less than an hour after suffering the injury, he said: "Thank you everyone for your messages, words can't describe how gutted I am, my road to recovery starts now, I will come back stronger."
Full-back Luke Shaw suffered a double fracture of his right leg in Manchester United's 2-1 defeat against PSV Eindhoven last night.
He received oxygen while being treated on the pitch for 10 minutes after Hector Moreno's tackle.
"It is awful. It was a very bad tackle.
He had the oxygen mask on and was crying in the dressing room," said manager Louis van Gaal.
Mexico defender Moreno sent his "strength" to the left-back and wished him a "fast recovery".
The 27-year-old, who broke his leg during last year's World Cup, added: "I've been through this before and I know how it feels."
PSV defender Moreno was not booked for the challenge on Shaw
Shaw moved to Old Trafford from Southampton in June last year in a £31m deal and made 20 appearances in an injury-interrupted first season.
He has started all of United's eight games this season, as well as playing in England's European Championship qualifiers against San Marino and Switzerland.
Yet with just nine months to go until Euro 2016, Shaw has suffered a broken tibia and fibula.
When Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey suffered a similar injury against Stoke in 2010, he was ruled out for nine months. The Welshman tweeted: "Fingers crossed for Luke Shaw. Get well soon."
Less than an hour after suffering the injury, Shaw wrote on Twitter: "Thank you everyone for your messages, words can't describe how gutted I am, my road to recovery starts now, I will come back stronger."
Former PSV player Memphis Depay scored the opener for the visitors in Eindhoven, before Moreno headed in an equaliser on the stroke of half-time.
Luciano Narsingh then nodded home in the second half to secure victory.
'A very bad tackle with two legs'
Moreno went over to see Shaw as he was taken off the pitch
"A boy who came to Manchester United at 18 years old, it was very difficult, and the next season he plays fantastic and then that happens like this," said the Dutchman.
"When I say it is a red card and penalty, you will say I am a bad loser. Every word I say is taken in the wrong way. It was in the 18-yard box and it was very bad tackle with two legs.
"I'm not a doctor so I cannot say, but when you have a double fracture it is four to six months. But you can never say that in advance.
"He won't play in the group stage, I don't think. I hope he will play again this season."
Messages of support for Shaw
Shaw's former club Southampton
Shaw tweeted a reply to ex-club Southampton
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey
Shaw Post would like to offer Luke Shaw the best of luck in his recovery. We hope that he manages to come back in Mid February to early March and manages to play enough games for his club to be on the plane to Euro 2016 with the England Team next summer.
The injury has occurred at the worst time for Luke Shaw as he was in a great form for Manchester United and England over the last month.
He'll be a big miss to Roy Hodgson as well as Van Gaal as England's only recognized left back at the moment is Kieran Gibbs as Leighton Baines is sidelined for another two more month's.
Shaw Post would like to offer Luke Shaw the best of luck in his recovery. We hope that he manages to come back in Mid February to early March and manages to play enough games for his club to be on the plane to Euro 2016 with the England Team next summer.
The injury has occurred at the worst time for Luke Shaw as he was in a great form for Manchester United and England over the last month.
He'll be a big miss to Roy Hodgson as well as Van Gaal as England's only recognized left back at the moment is Kieran Gibbs as Leighton Baines is sidelined for another two more month's.

No comments:
Post a Comment