Monday, 8 July 2013

Come and check out the next big country songstress Lucy Kitt

Ladies and Gentleman I fully advise that you listen to the amazing Country and Bluegrass singer Lucy Kitt. She's based in London and Kent and has been writing, recording and performing  for 10 years. She has fans all over the UK, Europe and parts of California.

First up on her Where I Belong EP is the amazing country western song titled 'Loud and Clear'. This song makes the listener deduce that It could be about a couple who haven't seen each other a long time. I feel that this song is perfect for a balmy summers evening. 


Next up is 'Where I Belong', this song could be out a newly enlightened couple who have just started seeing each other. I can relate to this song a lot as every guy goes through a sticky period in their love  life buteventually finds a woman that they truely love and adore. From listening to this song you realise that she is very heavily influenced by Neil Young and Joni Mitchell who are some of the most iconic country singers in America during the late 1960's.


'Laurel Canyon' could be about a journey that Lucy once took around America when she was travelling. One could also get the idea that it is about someone who is far away from home and is experiencing new cultures from afar. This is my favourite song of her's as I feel that I can relate to it very easily as I've been to various other countries that are very far from home.


The next song 'Eagle' could be about two people who have split upand are trying to move on after being together for quite a while. I really like this song as I like the way she sings about the Eagle carrying her away from the gloom of unfortunate break up.


From listening to this EP I get the sense that Lucy Kitt will go on to bigger and better things very quickly. Expect her to playing at folk festivals all round the world. Watch out for Lucy Kitt as she'll be coming to a venue near you.


Here's a link to her EP which is titled 'Where I Belong'.


https://soundcloud.com/lucy-kitt

No comments:

Post a Comment